Quality healthcare provided with exceptional compassion and respect.
Be the best choice in hospital care.
Trust, Respect, Accountability, Care, Knowledge, Safety.
CGH is committed to being the best choice in hospital care. We commit to hire and train outstanding employees, promote high quality customer service, and seek future opportunities to meet the ever-changing needs of our community.
Board Members and Administration
About Carteret General Hospital
Carteret General Hospital, a not-for-profit 135-bed hospital, is located on the beautiful Crystal Coast of Morehead City, North Carolina. Overlooking the sounds and beaches of the Crystal Coast, our hospital is minutes from historic Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, and Shackleford Banks, where the wild horses roam. Carteret County is also home to some of the best sport fishing in the world.
Since opening our doors in 1967, Carteret General Hospital has grown from a small organization to a full-service hospital. The physicians and staff of Carteret General are among the finest health care providers in eastern Carolina. As the second largest employer in Carteret County, the hospital has remained committed to improving our community’s health, becoming the employer of choice, and being the best community hospital.
Carteret General is fully accredited by the Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). With our commitment to excellence and advanced technology, the hospital offers exceptional programs for joint and spine, weight loss surgery, heart care, diabetic care, and cancer care.
Our Hospital offers a full range of acute care, diagnostic and outpatient services including a comprehensive Cancer Treatment Center, Wound Care Center, CGH Imaging Center, Hospice of Carteret County, Carteret Home Health, Cardiac Rehabilitation and a Birthing Center.
Statistics as of September 30, 2012
|Licensed beds:||135||Outpatient surgeries:||2,474|
|Average daily census:||61.3||Registered nurses:||288|
|Average length of stay:||3.6 days||Volunteers:||99|
Excellence & Educational Programs
|Carolinas Center for Joint & Spine with MAKOplasty||Carolinas Center for Weight Loss Surgery - Bariatric Center of Excellence|
|Stroke with Robotic Telemedicine||Heart Health with Telehealth|
|Medical and Radiation Oncology||Diabetes|
- Auxiliary/Volunteers-talented and generous community members
- Carolina Donor Services-donor services
- Chaplain-integral member of our health care team
- CGH Learning Center for Diabetes, Stroke and Heart Education
- Telehealth for Heart Patients
- 1-800-DOCTORS service
- Tobacco Cessation
Achievements and Awards
- Gold Award for Heart Failure by American Heart Association
- Oncology recognized by Quality Oncology Practice Initiative
- Partnership with UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer and UNC Cancer Care
- Diabetes recognized by American Diabetes Association
- Safety and Security receives Department of Distinction Award through the International Associating of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS)
- HomeCare Elite Top Home Health Care Provider for Carteret Home Health
- Primary Stroke Center designation by American Heart and American Stroke Associations
- Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery
- Breastfeeding-Friendly Business and Workplace Award from NC Breastfeeding Coalition
- Gold Apple Award for Healthy Food Options by NCPP
- Gold Star Award for Tobacco Free environment by NCPP
Our Mission Is Your Health