Take Time To
- it is the price of success
- it is the secret of perpetual youth
- it is the source of power
- it is the fountain of wisdom
- it is conversation with God
- it is the music of the soul
- it is the pathway to understanding
- it is hitching your wagon to a star
- it is the highway of reverence
- Love and be loved
- it is the gift of God
An integral member of our healthcare team
The Chaplain's concern and focus is the spiritual well being of persons - patients and their families, the medical staff and other employees and members of the hospital community.
The Hospital Chaplain cares for patients who are lonely or anxious, separated from loved ones or feel the need for pastoral counseling. Those who cannot attend usual religious services, desire sacraments, personal prayers or reading of religious materials can count on our chaplain to meet their needs.
The Hospital Chaplain also cares for families who are waiting and anxious about patients who are critically ill or who are providing care for someone with a long- term illness. The chaplain can help families who are struggling with treatment decisions, and most of all, are attempting to cope with the death of a patient.
The Hospital Chaplain works with the patient care team by offering consultation about particular religious needs and perspectives, providing conversation about spiritual healing and health and assisting with community or other religious resources.
Chaplain Ken Turner assists patients, family members and staff when:
- The patient or family member is anxious about a procedure
- The patient is asking "Why me?"
- The patient seems sad and wants someone to talk to
- The patient has just been given bad news, i.e., cancer diagnosis or loss of family member
- The patient requests a visit
- Code Blue
- Death of patient
- The patient wants to talk about Advance Directives
How to reach Chaplain Turner: